Monday, December 1, 2008

Filipino Dishes to Die for


I'M PROUD TO BE A FILIPINO!! I LOVE Filipino dishes. I also love western dishes but since I'm a Filipino by heart, I crave for Filipino food more than anything else. There are variety of dishes that we are proud of that I am 100% sure you'll love as well.

So, what are the signature dishes of Filipinos
?

Lechon(Suckling pork) - This originated from Spain. But somehow has been one of the traditional food that you'll find on occasions like weddings, birthdays, Christenings, house warming, reunions, etc. This dish is roasting a whole pig over charcoal. Result is a very crispy skin and a tender meat inside. It is served with sweet spicy gravy sauce. Just don't eat lechon too much or your blood pressure will go up.


Sinigang na Baboy (Pork with Vegetables in Tamarind Soup)- This one of my ultimate favorites. You can also use beef, or shrimp(which I'm allergic to) to make a good Sinigang. It is simple to cook, you just have to make sure the meat is tender, tehn add the tamarind soup, throw in the veggies like string beans, kangkong(Chinese Water Spinach), onions, tomatoes, raddish, and you have your delicious Sinigang.

Karekare (Ox stripe in peanut sauce) - For me, Karekare is one of the challenging recipe's to cook. Unless you want to use the instant karekare paste, then it is just a breeze. Sauce should be purely made of grounded nuts and peanut butter. Add vegetables like string beans, pechay (Chinese cabbage), eggplant, chopped garlic and bagoong (Shrimp paste--which, again, I'm allergic to so I do away with it) You would often see it on get-together's and big events. You can use pork or beef as alternate to ox stripe.

Beef Caldereta (Spicy Beef Stew in Tomato Sauce) - This is my number one favorite. I just can't never get enough of beef Caldereta. I believe this dish is not originally fromthe Philippines. Correct me if I'm wrong, it's a Spanish or Mexican cuisine. But somehow, it has been considered as part of our native dishes. I also love cooking this heavenly spicy stew. You can also use pork as substitute. You just add loads of bellpeppers, potatoes, tomatoes, carrots and the works! You'll love it I swear!.

Lumpiang Sariwa (Fresh Spring/Egg Roll)- You will definitely love this food. This is just simply like a wrap stuffed with vegetables. Bean sprouts, carrots, string beans, potatoes and lettuce, then garnish with peanut sauce. You'll have one hell of a good experience trying Filipino's pride.

Are these not making you hungry?? Hahahaha.. If you need other variety of Filipino cuisisne or for recipe's, just leave your comment or email me at may_delmundo@yahoo.com or subscribe to my rss feed.

♪♫♪ mhei ♪♫♪

2 comments:

Karen said...

lufffeet!! bagay sayo yung ganitong mga features sa blog. hehehe

Mhei said...

hahahahaha!!!

i know where you are!!seems creepy?!? hahaha!

Sign by Dealighted - Black Friday Coupons